Wednesday 8 September 2010

Back from my hols!

It's been far too long since I last blogged & I've really missed it! Somehow the school holidays and my utterly divine trip to Turkey interrupted my work flow but I'm back now! Turkey was fabulous and I felt right at home with the array of bright colours that the Mediterraneans' are not afraid to wear. The markets were a joy, although one had to remain extremely firm as the marketeers could sell ice to an eskimo and signs displayed saying "genuine crap" and "fallen off the back of a lorry" did make me laugh. Can you imagine this happening in the UK? Trading Standards would have a field day! The toughest decision one had to make each morning was "which bikini should I wear today?" I had 2 from Bravissimo (of course), one turquoise which has survived the sea, the pool, Turkish baths and the mud baths and a sexy white and silver one which was more suited to St Tropez than splashing around the pool with the kids, but felt fab. So lots of bright sarongs, a massive hat, sunnies and big earrings was all one needed to feel and look amazing. And the one thing I have learned about hot holidays, is that you only need take half of what you think you need. So it's back to reality from 34 degrees to 15 degrees and time to think seriously about an Autumn wardrobe....

No comments: