Friday 21 May 2010

Maxi dresses - Top of the fashion Pops!

Hurrah! The sun has finally decided to make an appearance and seems here to stay over the weekend for which I am very grateful as it's my friend Annie's wedding day tomorrow (I'm sure she's mightily relieved too!). We can now turn our thoughts to summer and what to wear. My top tip is to rush out and buy a maxi dress immediately. Maxi dresses have been top of the fashion pops for the past 3 seasons and are even hotter news this summer than ever. There are a proliferation of dresses on the High Street and my top tip is: be cautious if you are petite, go for a small pattern and not vertically seamed which will only serve to make you look even shorter. If you are of average height or tall, then be bold with patterns and chunky beads. Maxis can be dressed up or down, go low key with flip flops or gladiator sandals and a denim jacket and conversely, tarted up with killer heels or wedges and masses of bling. The best thing about Maxis is that they are what I call the "compromise" dress in that you can look feminine, cover up cankles and not have to slather on the fake tan.

Enjoy shopping!

2 comments:

The upsycho said...

I bought myself a very plain black maxi dress yesterday, with which I am rather pleased. As you say, I can dress it up or down.

The dress looks great from the front and not bad from behind, but side on, it becomes very evident that I have no lower arch in my back and a very flat butt. Any suggestions?

Nancy Stevens said...

A thick belt will cinch you in at the waist and hopefully create some "pleating" which add bulk to your butt. Most women ask me "how can I make my bum look smaller?"!!!