Friday 28 May 2010

A very Special Client

I have just had the privilege of taking one of my regular clients on a Personal Shopping trip for her Summer Wardrobe. This lady whom I will call Cat just happens to be blind which in itself presents a huge challenge but for me taking her shopping makes me revaluate how I would normally shop for a client. When I did her colour analysis a year ago when she first embarked on the whole Image experience (for her daughters' wedding), I had to explain colours to someone who lost her sight at a very young age and can barely recall colour but is so obviously reliant on touch and it was incredibly challenging for someone like me who is very visual to use every description I could think of to conjure up an image of colour for Cat. She categorises her clothes by texture which as a sighted person I take for granted. She loved the outfit I chose for her special day last year and everyone commented on how amazing she looked. She is also 70 years old and a size 22/24. I loved guiding her round the rails suggesting different styles and outfits and she was totally up for trying something new. Cat bought a whole new summer wardrobe in her Autumnal colours for £300 and I took her home when we'd finished and laid out her outfits and then suggested the relevant accessories to accompany them. She is delighted once again and I feel hugely honoured to have someone have such implicit faith in you telling them that they look good. I really am the luckiest girl in the world to do the job that I do and the pleasure I get out of an experience like today is worth more to me than all the designer labels I could buy.

No comments: