Friday 11 June 2010

Sex and The City 2 Girlie Night out


I am heading off tonight to see the fashion fest that is SATC 2. Last time I was privileged enough to be invited to the premiere, hosted here by Style MK. It was a fabulous affair as it was my first premiere and therefore special. No premiere tonight but I'm having a girlie night out with cocktails and the like and decided to pay homage to the SATC girls in what I am wearing. In the spirit of the age of recycling, I have customised my going away outfit from when I got married and the dress is some 16 years old now (does this make it vintage?) and quite frankly looks better now than it did then. Interestingly I feel and look better too. Confidence really does come with age. I've added a massive waist-cinching belt (£3), a completely OTT sequinned and feathered bag (about £15 TK Maxx) and my fave killer heels (bought for the premiere from Brantano at £20) and of course the dress which cost me around £100 back in the day but I did design it myself and am delighted that, after 2 kids, it is slightly on the roomy side . I have Carrie's hair and Samantha's dress, (all I need now is my Mr Big) so all good to go!

No comments: